dr Natalia Gumińska
Structural variants in Eukarya genomes – circular, extrachromosomal DNA (eccDNA), unconvetional genetic regulation mechanisms (unconventional splicing, unconventional poliadenylation)
Characteristics of circular, extrachromosomal DNA in euglenids (Preludium)
Previous research projects
- Species richness and occurrence dynamics assessment of autotrophic euglenids (Euglenida) in environmental samples collected from a chosen hyper-eutrophic habitat, based on analysis of the V2 18S rDNA region (DSM)
Prizes and distinctions
- (2019) Best Poster Award at the 8th European Congress of Protistology
- (2017) Holz-Conner Travel Award to attend ISOP symposium in Prague
- (2019) N. Gumińska, M. Komorowska, R. Milanowski, The physical form of released nonconventional introns in Euglena gracilis, 7th Polish Evolutionary Conference, Gdańsk, Poland
- (2019) N. Gumińska, M. Płecha, B. Zakryś, R. Milanowski, Splicing pathway of nuclear transcripts in Euglena gracilis, 8th European Congress of Protistology, Rome, Italy
- (2019) N. Gumińska, M. Łukomska-Kowalczyk, R. Milanowski, B. Zakryś, Assessment of V2 18S rDNA as a DNA barcode for phototrophic euglenids, 8th European Congress of Protistology, Rome, Italy
- (2019) P. Hałakuc, N. Gumińska, A. Karnkowska, R. Milanowski, Exception within exceptions – unusual organization of rRNA genes in Euglena longa, 8th European Congress of Protistology, Rome, Italy
- (2019) N. Gumińska, M. Płecha, B. Zakryś, R. Milanowski, Splicing of nonconventional introns in Euglena gracilis, RNA Club, Warsaw, Poland
- (2018) N. Gumińska, M. Płecha, B. Zakryś, R. Milanowski, Order of introns removal from transcripts of gapC and tubA genes of Euglena gracilis, 6th Polish Evolutionary Conference, Warsaw, Poland
- (2018) M. Płecha, H. Walkiewicz, N. Gumińska, A. Karnkowska, B. Zakryś, R. Milanowski, Annotation-directed draft genome of the non-model species Euglena hiemalis, 22nd Meeting of the International Society for Evolutionary Protistology, Drousha Village, Cyprus
- (2017) N. Gumińska, M. Łukomska-Kowalczyk, A. Kulczycka, R. Milanowski, B. Zakryś, Metabarcoding of phototrophic euglenids from the selected hypereutrophic reservoir based on the analysis of V2 18S rDNA, 11th International Phycological Congress, Szczecin, Poland
- (2017) N. Gumińska, R. Milanowski, B. Zakryś, The order of intron removal during splicing of α-tubulin (tubA) pre-mRNA in Euglena gracilis, 15th International Congress of Protistology, Prague, Czech Republic
- (2017) M. Płecha, H. Wysocka-Korzun, N. Gumińska, A. Karnkowska, B. Zakryś, R. Milanowski, Whole genome studies of two non-model species of euglenids: Euglena longa and E. hiemalis, 15th International Congress of Protistology, Prague, Czech Republic
- (2017) N. Gumińska, R. Milanowski, A novel type of intronic circRNA derived from nuclear genes of euglenids (Euglenida), 22nd Annual Meetng of RNA Society, Prague, Czech Republic
- (2016) N. Gumińska, R. Milanowski, Order of intron removal in alpha-tubulin (tubA) gene of Euglena gracilis, 4th Polish Evolutionary Conference, Białystok, Poland
- (2016) R. Milanowski, N. Gumińska, The physical form of released nonconventional introns in euglenids, 46th Jírovec’s Protozoological Days, Bítov, Czech Republic
- (2015) N. Gumińska, R. Milanowski, Characteristics of nonconventional introns in euglenids, 2nd Nationwide Conference Young Scientists in Poland – Research and Development, Poznań, Poland
- (2015) N. Gumińska, Nonconventional introns in gapC gene of Euglena gracilis, 2nd Nationwide Conference on Didactics in Life Sciences, Warsaw, Poland
- (2014) N. Pałczyńska, Songbirds as a model for human speech acquisition and disorder. 4th International Conference Aspects of Neuroscience, Warsaw, Poland
- (2014) R. Milanowski, N. Pałczyńska, Mechanism of nonconventional introns removal – hypothesis, 2nd Polish Evolutionary Conference, Rogów, Poland
- (2013) R. Milanowski, A. Karnkowska, N. Pałczyńska, Ł. Łach, A. Gondek, International Visegrad Fund Improvment of cooperation in Visegrad region in research of euglenid flagellates. Workshop on euglenoids of representatives of all participating groups (Bratyslava, Prague, Ostrava, Warsaw)
- (2013) R. Milanowski, A. Karnkowska, N. Pałczyńska, T. Ishikawa, B. Zakryś, Do intermediate introns in nuclear genes of euglenids really exist? 54th meeting of Czech Phycological Society, Workshop on euglenids. Třeboň, Czech Republic
- (2013) N. Pałczyńska, R. Milanowski, Intron i5 in tubA gene of Euglena gracilis – conventional, nonconventional or intermediate one? 5th Student Conference of Evolutionary Biology, Warsaw, Poland
Charakterystyka kolistych DNA u Eukarya Journal Article
In: Postępy Biochemii, vol. 68, no. 2, pp. 129-141, 2022, ISSN: 2720-5959.
Evaluation of V2 18S rDNA barcode marker and assessment of sample collection and DNA extraction methods for metabarcoding of autotrophic euglenids Journal Article
In: Environmental Microbiology, vol. 23, no. 6, pp. 2992–3008 , 2021.
A New Type of Circular RNA derived from Nonconventional Introns in Nuclear Genes of Euglenids Journal Article
In: Journal of Molecular Biology, vol. 433, no. 3, pp. 166758, 2021.
Mechanizmy utraty i nabywania intronów spliceosomalnych Journal Article
In: Postepy biochemii, vol. 65, no. 4, pp. 289–298, 2019, ISSN: 00325422.
Culture purification and DNA extraction procedures suitable for next-generation sequencing of euglenids Journal Article
In: Journal of Applied Phycology, vol. 30, no. 6, pp. 3541–3549, 2018, ISSN: 1573-5176.
Order of removal of conventional and nonconventional introns from nuclear transcripts of Euglena gracilis Journal Article
In: PLoS Genetics, vol. 14, no. 10, pp. e1007761, 2018, ISSN: 15537404.
Intermediate introns in nuclear genes of euglenids – are they a distinct type? Journal Article
In: BMC Evolutionary Biology, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 49, 2016, ISSN: 1471-2148.