dr Ivan García-Cunchillos
My leading scientific interest is comprehending the processes driving the diversification and specialization of different microscopic eukaryote lineages in evolutionary history. I am particularly captivated by the changes and stages occurring during the symbiosis establishment between prokaryotes-eukaryotes and eukaryotes-eukaryotes. Specifically, I am intrigued by the events that conducted distinct endosymbionts to become permanent organelles, especially concerning secondary plastids. Thus, I intend to discover and characterize new potential symbiotic relationships in freshwater ecosystems involving microscopic eukaryotes and bacteria. Besides, I am also interested in understanding the morphological diversification in a single-celled fruiting-bodyforming lineage within Amoebozoa (Myxomycetes).
- Biology of eukaryotic microorganisms
- Freshwater microbial communities in the eutrophication gradient: diversity and interactions of protists and bacteria (MicroDivEr), Opus Grant NCN, Principal Investigator: Anna Karnkowska
- Study of the diversity of Amoebozoa (Myxomycetes and Arcellinida) in the Mata Atlántica forest of Brazil. Assessment in function of its conservation status (MYXOTROPIC VII), Spanish Ministry of Science and Innovation, Principal Investigator: Enrique Lara Pandi.
- Neotropical Mixobiota. VI. Biosystematic study of Amoebozoa (Myxomycetes and Arcellinidae) from the Andean salt flats, 2018–2022, Spanish Ministry of Science and Innovation, Principal Investigator: Carlos Lado Rodríguez.
- Neotropical Mixobiota. V. Biosystematic study of the Myxomycetes from the arid regions in the Peruvian Tropical Andes, 2015–2018, Spanish Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness (CGL2014-52584-P), Principal Investigator: Carlos Lado Rodríguez.
- Museum of Evolution and Department of Organismal Biology, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden (scientific supervisors: Prof. Juan Carlos Zamora and Prof. Martin Ryberg), November 2018 – February 2019, scientific internship.
- Real Jardín Botánico, CSIC, Madrid, Spain
- Conservatoire et Jardin botaniques de Genève, University of Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
- Technological University of Peru, Arequipa, Peru
In: Molecular Phylogenetics and Evolution, vol. 177, pp. 107609, 2022, ISSN: 1055-7903.
New records of Myxomycetes (Amoebozoa) from the tropical Andes Journal Article
In: Phytotaxa, vol. 522, pp. 231-239, 2021.
In: European Journal of Protistology, vol. 81, pp. 125839, 2021, ISSN: 0932-4739.
In: Protist, vol. 172, no. 2, pp. 125805, 2021, ISSN: 1434-4610.
In: Mycologia, vol. 112, no. 4, pp. 753-780, 2020.
In: Trees, vol. 32, pp. 1-11, 2018.
In: Mycologia, vol. 109, no. 6, pp. 993-1002, 2017.
In: Mycorrhiza, vol. 24, 2013.