mgr Kacper Maciszewski
- Evolution of eukaryotic microorganisms
- Evolution of plastids and mitochondria and their genomes
- Endosymbiosis and horizontal gene transfer in eukaryotes
- Evolution and function of the inverted repeats (IR) in plastid genomes of Euglenophyta. Grant Preludium 16, NCN; budget: 210 000 PLN; May 2019 – May 2022
- Analysis of the transcriptome of the colourless strain Euglena gracilis var. bacillaris W3BUL. Grant DSM 2019, Faculty of Biology UW; budget: 10 000 PLN; August 2019 – April 2020
- Analysis of the plastid genome of the colourless strain Euglena gracilis var. bacillaris W3BUL. Grant DSM 2018, Faculty of Biology UW; budget: 10 000 PLN; August 2018 – August 2019
- Unraveling the plastid transport and metabolism in a secondary plastid-bearing lineage Euglenophyta. Research internship (University of Alberta, Canada) in the Iwanowska Programme, National Agency for Academic Exchange (NAWA); budget: 66 000 PLN; to be realised in 2021
- International Society of Protistologists, ISOP – member since 2018
Prizes and distinctions
- Holz-Conner Travel Grant (conference attendance; International Society of Protistologists, ISOP) – May 2019
- Maciszewski K., Han K., Graf L., Andersen R.A., Karnkowska A., Yoon H.S. Four genomes, three different structures: a study of plastid genomes of Dictyochophyceae reveals unusual variability in their organization – VIII European Congress of Protistology – ISOP joint meeting; 28 July – 2 August 2019, Rome, Italy
- Maciszewski K., Bokus A., Karnkowska A., Dabbagh N., Preisfeld A., Bennett M.S., Triemer R.E. Missing genomes, unusual structures and other oddities: insights into the evolution of plastid genomes of Euglenophyta – 49th Jirovec’s Protozoological Days; 22-26 April 2019, Kostelec nad Cernymi Lesy, Czech Republic
- Maciszewski K., Karnkowska A. Overview of the first two chloroplast genomes of Dictyochophyceae (Ochrophyta) – 48th Jírovec’s Protozoological Days; 30 April – 4 May 2018, Kunčice pod Ondřejníkem, Czech Republic
- Maciszewski K., Karnkowska A. Evolution of plastid genome structure and function in distant eukaryotic lineages – EMBO Young Scientists Forum 2019; 27-28 June 2019, Prague, Czech Republic
- Maciszewski K., Karnkowska A. Evolution of the chloroplast genomes of Dictyochophyceae – an algal lineage with secondary plastids – 6th Polish Evolutionary Conference (PEC), 26-28 September 2018, Warsaw, Poland
Open Biology, 11 (3), pp. 200407-200407, 2021, ISBN: 0000000337.
Frontiers in Plant Science, 11 , pp. 1859 , 2020.
Frontiers in Plant Science, 11 , pp. 1296, 2020.
Current Opinion in Genetics & Development, 58-59 , pp. 33-39, 2019, ISSN: 0959-437X, (Evolutionary genetics).
Journal of Phycology, 55 (5), pp. 1166-1180, 2019.
Algal Research, 43 , pp. 101639, 2019, ISSN: 2211-9264.
Journal of Clinical Microbiology, 56 (10), 2018, ISSN: 0095-1137.